Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmydsmith113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member Post
    Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 10:31am
Hello All,

I'm a new member here. Series 7 and 66 licensed. Work at a top 3 broker dealer / firm. In the process of building a successful practice and looking forward to exchanging valuable information and discussions with everyone here. I'm in the New Jersey area.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 10:38am
What is a top 3 firm?
Hacksaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacksaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

What is a top 3 firm?

Primerica
Edward Jones
Ameriprise
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Hacksaw Hacksaw wrote:

Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

What is a top 3 firm?

Primerica
Edward Jones
Ameriprise

Damn it. You’re right. This has EJ all over it
jimmydsmith113 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmydsmith113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 11:45am
I meant top 3 as in assets under management. I don't really know the rules on sharing your specific firm yet, sorry.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmydsmith113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 11:47am
I'm in my mid 20's and know it's going to be difficult to generate leads and build a book of business and was hoping to find active prospecting discussions, along with maybe some tips and ideas for young FA.
Crimson View Drop Down
King of the Wicker People

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by jimmydsmith113 jimmydsmith113 wrote:

I'm in my mid 20's and know it's going to be difficult to generate leads and build a book of business and was hoping to find active prospecting discussions, along with maybe some tips and ideas for young FA.

Where did you hear this would be difficult?

This is probably the simplest job you could ever do. Go meet enough people and you'll bring in enough money to be angry at "only" making $300k a year.

Go talk to people. You'll fall on your ass a few times. But that's okay. Those bruises are worth millions to you.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmydsmith113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 2:28pm
I like the optimistic outlook. what would you recommend is the best way to start prospecting and generating leads then?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 3:15pm
Call.  Walk.  Call.  Walk.  Repeat.
Crimson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 4:02pm

I like the optimistic outlook. what would you recommend is the best way to start prospecting and generating leads then?

Calling would put you in touch with the most people, but it's a burnout grind. You'll make hundreds of dials a day if you're lucky.

F2F is far more efficient, but you'll make fewer contacts.

Does your company not have a training program?

Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmydsmith113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 4:39pm
they do but its very generic and internet based as opposed to face to face. No leads either. They tell us to start with out centers of influence and current network, but as a 26 year old I'm not going to find money there. Hoping to end up with a team. Otherwise I will be purchasing lead services to begin with most likely..
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 4:56pm

they do but its very generic and internet based as opposed to face to face. No leads either. They tell us to start with out centers of influence and current network, but as a 26 year old I'm not going to find money there. Hoping to end up with a team. Otherwise I will be purchasing lead services to begin with most likely..
purchased leads is the only way to make it in this industry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by PEACH_cm PEACH_cm wrote:

Interesting. Can you elaborate?

Edited by bc2051 - Mar/06/2018 at 5:07pm
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

Obviously a joke.

Just get on the phone and call people or go knock on doors.
Crimson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 5:22pm

I'd suggest mortgaging your house or selling your soul so you can afford enough leads.

You're 26. A COI isn't going to give you the time of day. You reek of noobness. Your best bet is to doorknock businesses and even residences a la EJ style. It sucks ass but it works.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Iamlegend Iamlegend wrote:

Obviously a joke.

I’m not even a blonde
Crimson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 6:19pm

Obviously a joke.

I’m not even a blonde

BC's a girl. Just wow.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Crimson Crimson wrote:

Obviously a joke.

I’m not even a blonde

BC's a girl. Just wow.

Me and you buddy. Two peas in a pod
Crimson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 6:32pm

Originally posted by Crimson Crimson wrote:

Obviously a joke.

I’m not even a blonde

BC's a girl. Just wow.

Me and you buddy. Two peas in a pod

I'd love to be the pea in your pod.
Darngoner View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darngoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2018 at 8:07am

I meant top 3 as in assets under management. I don't really know the rules on sharing your specific firm yet, sorry.

He’s at Merrill.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic