Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction
    Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 6:16pm
In order to get access to the rest of the board, please make an introductory post about yourself.  You can leave out specifics, but we encourage you to at least state whether you are in the industry (licensed or unlicensed) and what type of firm that you work for (this will determine your access to certain parts of the board).

I am in the industry with Edward Jones, hold the AAMS and CFP, and have a can sell from 2013. I started in the FACD program out of college. I have $80 million AUC and am PML 7.

I read the terms of service and rules, and agree to abide by them and contribute.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 6:51pm
haha, welcome.
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by S R B S R B wrote:

In order to get access to the rest of the board, please make an introductory post about yourself.  You can leave out specifics, but we encourage you to at least state whether you are in the industry (licensed or unlicensed) and what type of firm that you work for (this will determine your access to certain parts of the board).

I am in the industry with Edward Jones, hold the AAMS and CFP, and have a can sell from 2013. I started in the FACD program out of college. I have $80 million AUC and am PML 7.

I read the terms of service and rules, and agree to abide by them and contribute.

WTF is AUC? And what is the AAMS?  And what in Spaceman Spiff's magic sky wizard's name is FACD?
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

In order to get access to the rest of the board, please make an
introductory post about yourself.  You can leave out specifics, but
we encourage you to at least state whether you are in the industry
(licensed or unlicensed) and what type of firm that you work for (this
will determine your access to certain parts of the board).

WTF is AUC? And what is the AAMS?  And what in Spaceman Spiff's magic sky wizard's name is FACD?

In penny’s world, we’ve gayed up many of the terms. I just want to know his “can serve” 🤦‍♂️
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 7:50pm
Welcome.
ClarenceBeeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 7:50pm
Oooh, the AAMS! Behold!!! So extremely prestigious .... 👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👨🏿‍💼
Good luck and good selling.
S R B View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:06pm

Did I do something wrong? I thought I followed the instructions properly.

AUC is our assets in the branch. AAMS is basically part of the CFP. FACD is the Financial Advisor Career Development program,  for new advisors coming in with no career or professional experience. We get more training than transfer advisors and mid-career professionals coming into the company.

Edited by S R B - Nov/06/2019 at 8:06pm
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:15pm

AUC is our assets in the branch. AAMS is basically part of the CFP. FACD is the Financial Advisor Career Development program,  for new advisors coming in with no career or professional experience. We get more training than transfer advisors and mid-career professionals coming into the company.

Welcome SRB. You didn't nothing wrong. We treat everyone like they are a complete asshole until they prove otherwise. 

80mil in 7 years is impressive. Congrats!
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:20pm

No, I was just fucking with you. Other than FACD, I know what all of that was. I find it amusing that Jones uses AUC as if it is somehow better than AUM.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:23pm

No, I was just fucking with you. Other than FACD, I know what all of that was. I find it amusing that Jones uses AUC as if it is somehow better than AUM.

It just denotes the fact that Jones advisors don't actually manage the assets.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
S R B View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:25pm
After an hour on the forums my mind is at bandwidth capacity.

I have a trainee who said she looked on here. Since I'm the region growth leader, it made sense to come here and look around.
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

LOL.

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:27pm

After an hour on the forums my mind is at bandwidth capacity.

I have a trainee who said she looked on here. Since I'm the region growth leader, it made sense to come here and look around.

Don't take offense. This is a place people use to blow off steam and have a bit of fun.  I'm sure you have a lot of value to add here. As Ron said, $80MM in 7 years is pretty impressive, especially for a scratch starter.

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:31pm
Oh shit...Growth leader...pretty deep in the kool aid. Everyone in my region hates the growth leader. It comes with time in the role I think
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:32pm

I think you’re on to something here and it’s a legal deal
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

I think it's the same deal if you manage 401K money or funds in a fee-only VA. You can't include them in AUM (as far as I know). I might be wrong though. Wet_Blankey could chime in here.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:51pm

My apologies in advance for the pollution that is about to come into your mind from this place. Sometimes the truth can hurt.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 8:59pm

Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

I think it's the same deal if you manage 401K money or funds in a fee-only VA. You can't include them in AUM (as far as I know). I might be wrong though. Wet_Blankey could chime in here.
WRONG, but not 100% wrong.

3(38) on 401k - Yes (note CT is bizarre and count 3(21) as well.

Subaccounts in VAs that are managed by the advisor count.
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
ClarenceBeeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 9:01pm
You did a lot wrong by coming on here touting the gay AF AAMS .... 👎🏿👨🏿‍💼
Good luck and good selling.
S R B View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2019 at 9:12pm
I promise as a GL I won't evangelize.

But you all are too much. :)

I received a $10 million Goodknight, and grew from there. But I'm still a small office compared to the veterans in my region. We have a lot of $150-$200 million offices. In my town I'm it. I have no competition. The nearest wirehouse office is almost a half hour away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic